HOME SWEET HOMEY HOME HOME

Thom Klika

Good morning. I’m in the midst of a heady time because I’m taking a gamble. I bought a cute little condo for my kids and I.

It’s a gamble because of my health issues, which are at least as serious as a heart attack. I was reluctant at first, worried that my health might fail in the middle of the process. What if I made this great investment in my future and had to take exit, stage right?

But, I decided that the only difference between me and Joe Shmoe down the street is that I know what my likely departure will be. As my friend Patrick points out, “You just don’t know when your flight is leaving.” Truth. None of us do. Joe Shmoe gets to be blissfully ignorant and unfettered with worries of children left abandoned and unfulfilled dreams until a piano falls on Joe’s head and dispatches him to his next assignment.

So I am taking a chance and creating a legacy all at once.  For my beautiful kids. A very, very, very fine house, with two cats in the yard….well, really two dogs and one tiny cat.

And it feels good, magical really. Exciting. Like it was meant to be. I have never been as happy as I am right now. Truly. I have long given up chasing anyone or anything that doesn’t bring care and love and thoughtfulness to the party. No meanies allowed in my house! No eye rolling. None of that. Ain’t nobody got time for that nonsense.

From my friends, kids and four footers that I choose to share my bright and shiny life on; I spend my energy and my attention on a beautiful project, spinning a rainbow web that will sparkle with love as long as I am around to dance in its halls, and long after. I’ll light the fire…you place the flowers in the vase that we bought today….

Artist: Thom Klika, The Rainbow Man

10 Comments

1. Anita says:

YAY 🏠

Sent from my iPhone

2. Debbbie says:

Congratulations! And you never know what Joe Schmoe is really dealing with in his life. Love you! Deb

3. Karen Freede says:

Once again, You are a wonderful role model for us all. Wishing you peace of mind and ease with whatever comes. You are missed here in NY!

Liked by 1 person

4. Sue says:

So happy for you good to have a home you can call your own!🏡

5. Dolores says:

Life is but a dream-live it Liza -one day at a time. Love and miss you as always. Dolores

Liked by 1 person

6. Gen Kennedy says:

The best way to live is for today. The rest just happens. The truth is we must enjoy where ever the journey
    leads us. At times it is scary but life still has some magic foing forward.
    Miss you dearly. Gen